Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) has been a valued presence within the Phoenix metropolitan area for more than 85 years. Our staff “make possible” what others deem impossible by touching the lives of 50,000 adults and children in need of our varied services. The organizational culture within JFCS is dynamic and innovative and allows us to pivot to accommodate all ages of clientele.
Our programs for seniors specifically enhance the lives of older adults and positively impact their spirit for living.
The Case Aide includes the following duties / responsibilities:
- Meets and greets seniors upon arrival. Ensures they sign in on the daily sign-in sheet.
- Answers the phone, takes messages and helps the seniors with any special needs they may have.
- Provides intake forms for new participants and enters the information into the computer.
- Works with volunteers where needed.
- Makes copies of the Shofar (newsletter) and ensures that particcipants are aware of all activities.
- Shares outreach responsbilities with the Site Manager.
- Keeps track of monies and sign-in sheets for special holiday lunches (Rosh Hashana, Thanksgiving, Passover).
- Helps set up for any special activity.
- Deposits money from the gift shop and congregate meal program on a daily basis.
- Meets with the Area Agency On Aging to learn computer updates.
- Tracks books from the CSE lending library.
- Generates flyers for programing events.
- Inputs sign-in sheet and activity sheet information daily.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree, demonstrates strong computer literacy, cultural competency and a willingness to work 20 hours a week, Tuesday through Friday from 9:30am to 2:30pm.